Other blogs are personal, or satirical or colourful. This blog is sober, factual and monochrome. It brings you news of the Catholic Church as she really is – warts and all.
It comes to you by way of a member of the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham, seeking to share with the Church that indispensable part of the Anglican Patrimony – irony.
Remember: never believe anything until it has been officially denied.
And: where orthodoxy is optional, it will sooner or later be proscribed.
To assess whether or not you are ready for this blog, first answer the following questions:
1. Do you ever write ‘Christian Name’, when you mean ‘First Name’?
2. Are you puzzled why feminists are happy to use their father’s name, but not to adopt their husband’s?
3. Have you the vaguest idea what the following terms mean: 4EAF; AFK; DWBH; FTEO; NSFL?
4. Parse the hyphen in ‘John Smith-Robinson’..
4. Solve this riddle: if a gay couple is refused service in an Islamic shop and subsequently sues the owner, is the owner guilty of homophobia or the couple of Islamophobia?
Now read on…